bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 00:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palace 2-0 Leicester. Palace's 4th win over Xmas and if we can keep this up we can catch Sheff Utd.

And what a scenario that would be - Palace promoted and probably the greatest hero of Selhurst Park ever, Steve Coppell, leading Reading to promotion as well.

Now watch Palace lose their next four games!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 01:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave w. wrote:
you'll be happy if benitez becomes the same as the other two-faced whinging managers who moan about every decision that goes against them whilst quietly ignoring the ones that go for them? Mad

. . .

Dave w. wrote:
bolton 2 liverpool 2

bolton are a horrible team. all pushes and dives and whinging to the ref and time wasting.

shit ref as well. gave us nothing except the most blatant penalty ever, which bolton still complained about.

this refereeing criticism is contagious Wink

I hadn't noticed what cheats Bolton are Shocked (although I knew Diouf hasn't an ounce of decency in him, from his Liverpool days)
their first goal: the Bolton player runs upto the Liverpool player, bounces himself off him and leaps out past the touchline and onto the ground... gets a free for his troubles and Bolton score (no thanks to a foul on Reina swiftly followed by a moment of madness from Sami H)
their second goal: Hyypia gets a knee in the back as Bolton go on the attack, the ball is lobbed upto another Bolton player who looks offside (not sure about that one), and Diouf bundles in the cross with his arm. Diouf spent the day diving, too, unsurprisingly.
Neutral

and Allardyce had the cheek to moan at the ref afterwards Rolling Eyes

/moan
Danger Mouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everton.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
Dave w. wrote:
you'll be happy if benitez becomes the same as the other two-faced whinging managers who moan about every decision that goes against them whilst quietly ignoring the ones that go for them? Mad

this refereeing criticism is contagious Wink

i never claimed i wasn't a two-faced whinger!

i just think the ref was useless not corrupt.
John Mc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a really odd game, great goals by us though.

Does anyone think that bloke taking over at Portsmouth is a good idea? Even allowing for "he's foreign therefore he must be dodgy" style xenophobia he doesn't sound like the kind of bloke who you'd want in part owning your club.

http://www.football365.com/features/f365_features/story_173484.shtml
MS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 01:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Does anyone think that bloke taking over at Portsmouth is a good idea? Even allowing for "he's foreign therefore he must be dodgy" style xenophobia he doesn't sound like the kind of bloke who you'd want in part owning your club.

Let's be realistic.... a lot of clubs are now owned by the kind of blokes you wouldn't want owning your club. We have Russian oligarchs, real estate developers looking to sell of grounds, businessmen of all sorts of dubious backgrounds....

But on the positive side....anyone read Simon Jordan's irregular column in the Observer? Like him or loathe him, it's pure gold and a pleasant change from the usual rubbish football journalism.

Palace 4-1 Northamtpon (hey...a win's a win!)
columbo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 08:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell, luton 3 - liverpool 5!

that was some cup tie - 2 penalties that were never penalties - and if they were, two players not sent off that should've been, ref was pretty good tho, on the whole.
end to end stuff, some fine attacking footy, even at 3-1 down i felt the mighty liverpool could still comeback into it.
chant of the game? "3-1 and you fucked it up..." (repeated over & over at about 7 o'clockish and clearly audible on prime-time telly)!
and xabi's goal at the end - does anyone know if that is an fa cup record, scoring from that distance?
John M

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 09:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS wrote:

But on the positive side....anyone read Simon Jordan's irregular column in the Observer? Like him or loathe him, it's pure gold and a pleasant change from the usual rubbish football journalism.

I used to think Simon Jordan was just another gobby chairman but I like him now, especially for standing up to the FA. A referee can can ruin a match through bad decisions yet no one is allowed to criticise them as they'll be "bringing the game into disrepute".

Observer Sport Monthly (available today from all good newsagents) is the best sports magazine around, its a pity their monthly music magazine isn't as good.
MS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,6903,1681633,00.html
Hew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember villa got in trouble last year for mentioning that they wanted beattie (thank god we didn't get him). We got a fine and a warning for "tapping him up". Surely all this shit that west ham and birmingham are doing is no different.
MS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hew wrote:
i remember villa got in trouble last year for mentioning that they wanted beattie (thank god we didn't get him). We got a fine and a warning for "tapping him up". Surely all this shit that west ham and birmingham are doing is no different.

You're right - no different. But nothing get's done unless you actually approach the player. I think what Bercelona has beed doing to unsettle Thierry Henry is the very worst example. The quotes from players, management and exectuives stating how much they want Henry playing there is just ....low. Fortunately, I think Henry has a bit more class then many other players and won't be influenced by ths nonsense.
John M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N151069060109-1113.htm
dRd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 18:29    Post subject: disco' thinks aloud again.... Reply with quote

Paul JEWELL - Wigan manager, LIVERPOOL fan

Mike NEWELL - Luton manager, LIVERPOOL fan

Harry KEWELL - Liverpool player, LIVERPOOL fan

Does anyone know if Jason Euell is a Liverpool fan..?
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like daniel agger is about to sign for the mighty reds. please let his song be anything other than agadoo. that's been used for el hadji diouf and look what happened to him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 02:56    Post subject: dRd bites: Reply with quote

what are the alternatives? Danny Boy? Daniel (the Elton John song)? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 95 of 143