bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - old blue last (mon 8th dec)
old blue last (mon 8th dec)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billycasper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 20:41    Post subject: old blue last (mon 8th dec) Reply with quote

Went to see jay reatard at the old blue last in shored*tch last night. I truly recommend him and his shows and his records, but have to say i think the highlight of the evening was finding a poster in the khazi informing me martin carr will be playing there on monday 8th december. been a long time since i seen you man.

the whole night seems amazing - http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/tag/ill-fit and free jaegermesiter for big hair gives me yet another excuse not to get the mop sheared

on a vaguely related point, has bella union taken up the elektra / creation / domino / etc. baton? if we ignore howling belles i can't remember the last time they put a record out that wasn't a.c.e.

billyxo
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we have more detail on the Jay Reatard gig, please? I had a ticket to see him recently, but he cancelled on the day

Neutral
Bev

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite like Howling Bells...
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bella Union are doing pretty well at the moment aren't they, in terms of good releases.

And as for the gig on Monday... whoop! I will be there.

Line Of Best Fit says:
"Next year I believe, Martin is being officially recognised as a National Treasure. The big brain, and bigger hair, behind Boo Radleys and Brave Captain, will be busting his (and Mary’s) Gene Clark-y Bob Dylan-y tunes all over the shop."

Shame Lonely Dear are playing though.... good and all that, except that it probably means the place will be really full, and I hate the Old Blue Last when it's rammed!

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1