bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The Save Yourself £10 Thread
The Save Yourself £10 Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:02    Post subject: The Save Yourself £10 Thread Reply with quote

begins with:

Turning The Mind, by Maps.

i didn't get past song five. It goes back to the shop this lunch to be swapped for God knows what, just... ANYTHING. Tears of boredom i tell thee.

x
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

album of the year! Razz

nah, never even heard of the band before... didn't you listen to the album on spotify before buying it? i'm listening to it now, and yeah, you're right - it is b-o-r-i-n-g.
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't put £10 on Danny Murphy to get the first goal against Arsenal last weekend. He didn't.

Are any of you crazy kids going to see ex-bravecaptain member Martin Carr on his upcoming tour? I can't go to any of the gigs which annoys me. Not as much as Tony Adams annoys me though.
Bev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
Don't put £10 on Danny Murphy to get the first goal against Arsenal last weekend. He didn't.

Are any of you crazy kids going to see ex-bravecaptain member Martin Carr on his upcoming tour? I can't go to any of the gigs which annoys me. Not as much as Tony Adams annoys me though.

I might be really thick, but.... - what tour?
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live dates ahoy here:

http://www.martin-carr.com/
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not close enough to Sheffield for me and Isaac to partake I'm afraid. Also, being broke for the next, ooooh, twenty years or so doesn't help.... Sad

x
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! a brum gig. Very Happy

can anyone recommend any jimmy webb stuff? i think i only know a couple of his songs.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see you here, dave wibblewoo!

do yourself a favour and create an account on spotify... there's tons of music* that you can listen to for free, the only "catch" is that there are short advertisements between the songs every now and then, but they don't really bother me too much. it's absolutely great for discovering new music, and for listening to those albums that you never got around to buying for one reason or another...

* (there are six studio albums of Jimmy Webb on spotify + 2 live albums and some other stuff)
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i have a spotify account. it's just too easy to get distracted. i listened to the 2 jimmy webb songs i know then noticed covers of them by r.e.m. and sparklehorse, and now i'm listening to my favourite sparklehorse songs.

all i want is to be a hangman. or a pretty girl milking a cow.
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

Listen to Glen Campbell sing

Wichita Lineman
Galveston
By The Time I Get to Phoenix

and then give yourself an hour off and listen to Richard Harris sing 'MacArthur Park'

All you need sunshine.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. those songs are really good.

do you know how long your support set will be? seems a bit odd to go and see a singer who i only know 3 songs by, even if he is god, but i've nowhere else to be that night so it probably makes sense.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

won't be doing any dates Sad 'cos i've got gigs on all them dates with tcks already sorted. incredible really, honestly why can't people consult my schedule Laughing

anyhoo if they are as good as the ifor bach one last august, those of you going are in for a treat.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else go to any of these shows? birmingham gig was really good. martin did a 45 minute set, mostly from ye gods... plus good life and big black pig pile and a new song (love in the afternoon?) that sounds very familiar, as though i'd heard it before but i can't find it on my computer. has this song been aired before or is it one of those timeless classics that's memorable from the first listen?

jimmy webb set was good as well, although i only knew a few songs. he sat at a grand piano for most of it, so from where i sat i could only see his shins, which was slightly odd!

and i got a martin carr frisbee and a signed cd! happy days Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1