bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Deep meaningful questions
Deep meaningful questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 13:38    Post subject: Deep meaningful questions Reply with quote

I'm just wondering how often people get their shit together and make a move so to speak. Two of my friends have set up a furniture business with an initial investment of 50,000 euro. i am in awe of them, sludge boy here hasn't taken a risk since I tried a new flavour of koka noodles.

When was the last time you took a big risk? as the man said it's better to risk everything than to risk nothing at all.

Did you ever get the feeling as you get older that six bland months of automatic living can pass by painlessly, yet in a way be more of a loss in the long run than if those months were filled even with sorrow?

Am I talking shite?

Just sometimes you get that feeling that it is too easy to let things slide by without actively living.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done"

haha. words of wisdom from the great kenny rogers. <insert sarcasm here>

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bev

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say that i though 'Atomised' was one of the most over-rated, over-hyped books i've ever read!

Glad you are getting something from it; but i thought it a cynical waste of time... (I mean i like cynicism, as a rule, but not this time!)
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember, I generally don't like taking risks, cos I don't care too much about the highs anyway...you need motivation to risk things don't you? For the moment I feel quite content.

Actually, I did take a small risk, I took my current job even though it wasn't really clear how good it'd be. But it turned out to be a good risk and one I'm insanely grateful for now that unemployement is rising.

Amor y Paz
Setareh

Last edited by Setareh Juventina on Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:43; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
che

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 09:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bev wrote:
Have to say that i though 'Atomised' was one of the most over-rated, over-hyped books i've ever read!

Glad you are getting something from it; but i thought it a cynical waste of time... (I mean i like cynicism, as a rule, but not this time!)

but the cover was nice.
Bev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes - a mardy looking girl in her kecks.
adam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 04:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Seems the more you learn the less you know...this could take forever..."-ned's atomic dustibin

I'm not big on risks myself...never liked being a loser, so I stray away from competition. In reality, the only loser is someone who doens't gain and better themselves from experience. In any case, I've been studying for three years in Broadfield Social Science (phsychology, philosophy, sociology, and economics) and just last semester swapped to a Communication major. Best decision. Keeping the old stuff, but with a new perspective i can re-examine everything I learned...
strange, as i write this, realized no one really cares whether I switched majors or that I listen to Ned's Atomic dustbin, I have the ability to say anything in the world, and I offer no really useful information...enuf of that then!
LIVE< BREAKING NEWS: did you know that human's actually live a 25 hour a day cycle? If there were no clocks, we'd go to bed an hour later every night (10 pm, 11pm, 12am, etc). Hence explains why on some occasions you're feeling tops in the wee hours i n the morning, and other times when yer draggin at 3pm.
ciaran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could humans have a 25 hour sleep cycle?

We have evolved to hunt and work during the daylight hours. That cycle could leave us sleeping during the daylight hours for several days on the trot.

Hence we would not be able to hunt the wild boar and gather nuts which we can only do during the day as we do not have night vision like some other mammals.

We are all governed by complex biological clocks that people do not really understand, but we are diurnal creatures.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS IT JUST ME WHO HAS REAL FUCKIN' PROBLEMS SLEEPING???????????

"Aint it just like the night to play tricks when your tryna be so quiet?"
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

(That was me, i have no idea how i just logged myself off...)
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beverly, did you logg out your sense as well? Muahahaha! L&P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1