bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 05:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone still care about football?

apparently the champions league final was played yesterday and inter won, but i'm just not very interested in top-level club football anymore. i haven't watched a single match in champions league for two seasons... can't believe that i used to write match reports of these games here. :p

i did watch the championship play-off final (cardiff 2-3 blackpool) though - what a game! it's great to see a "small" club like blackpool promoted, it must be great for their fans. they'll probably finish at the bottom of the premier league next season though, but i hope not.

the world cup is only a few weeks away too, i can't wait! i'm rooting for nigeria, new zealand and cameroon this year. Cool
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm looking forward to the world cup. and i still care about the game though i cared about it more when i could stand.

blackpool.... 3 yrs or so ago Forbes n me left Charlton having seen us win 2-1 and really believing that we were set to 'ave a proper go at getting into the prem. a month later and ih had fucked off to leicester and we began our painful decline.

any argyle fan close to the events surrounding his departure knows how much of a bastard he was in how he handled it and how he basically, erm, misrepresented on a scale almost befitting jeffery archer. we also knew though that we'd have all done the same as him in that situation and that our board had treated him disgracefully in the weeks leading up to his departure. so its fitting that he's proven that with a sensible competitive salary budget he can deliver at championship level. and ironically in the same season that the board who sold him down the river, sold our club down the river and got argyle deservedly relegated.

to be fair its a modern day football miracle and i'm truly delighted for them, and, actually, for him. my fave trait of his was that he never belittled argyle, when we played at bigger sides he wasn't scared, reasoning we were in the same league as them, we had as much right to win as they did. its a vindication for his positive and competitive approach to the game that he got blackpool past some serious spenders in the play-offs.

i hope (though I doubt) some of our current board who were there when he left are feeling like shit today. it could so easily have been...
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to admit that I'm a bit out of touch of even Championship football these days, but I have a feeling that Plymouth will be back soon enough. There are some pretty big clubs in League One nowadays so it might not happen next season, but playoffs sound like a realistic target to me, or what do you think?

Only two weeks until the World Cup now! I'm not really in the World Cup mood yet, but that should change when the tournament kicks off.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt capello + todays ref will get the blame. fact is we produce athletes not footballers. the prem is piss poor to watch, most sides don't play with the ball. get to this level.... technically found out. every time. no manager can polish a turd. the bundesliga has had a fraction of the prems wealth yet they find money for coaching. defeat for my country but a win for football. well done germany!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has posted in this thread for ten months! Surprised

I realised that I watched my first full Champions League game for about two years last night... it was the abysmal Real Madrid vs Barcelona match, the first leg of the semi-finals. I wish I hadn't bothered, it was a bit embarrassing to watch grown men roll on the ground in "pain" and fighting with each other like children. At least the better (?) team won I think, and Messi's second goal was a joy to watch... he seemed to be the only player on the pitch who could stay on his feet though, so I suppose it must have been easier than it looked.

I suppose it must have been a pretty crap season for all of us here on the bc board. Barnsley are safe from relegation again which I would have been happy with before the season kicked off, but a few months ago it looked like we could finish much higher, but we've been pretty awful ever since. Plymouth are in danger of getting relegated again, which would be a shame, but I hope they can still turn things around in their last three games. Sheffield United are going down which must be a bit of a shock to their fans, and Doncaster are staying up unless something totally terrible/amazing (depends on the point of view I suppose) happens. Liverpool had a disastrous start for the season but they managed to turned things around... a bit too late for the Euro competitions though, but next season should be interesting. It's all gone wrong since they sold Hyypiä! Razz

The football season in Finland is only kicking off next week, now that almost all the snow over here has melted... Jari Litmanen (40 y.o) is starting his 25th season as a professional footballer - that man must really love the game. Shocked

Only 407 days to go to Euro 2012!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread needs a picture of Carlos Valderrama:

Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad to revive the football thread with a post like this, but I just heard the tragic news of the passing of Gary Speed, and this is my little tribute to him. Depression or whatever made him end his life so young is a terrible thing, 42 is no age to die... RIP Gary.

In other news, EURO 2012 kicks off in 193 days, but it all feels a bit meaningless right now.
Oh well Sad
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I heard that some football tournament just kicked off in Brazil. Anyone know what that's all about?
Dave w.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what it is but I like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 141, 142, 143
Page 143 of 143