bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - maximum electro roch 'n' roll tour
maximum electro roch 'n' roll tour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 21:26    Post subject: maximum electro roch 'n' roll tour Reply with quote

anyone else been to it? after fate stopped me getting to bath and newport, i finally did a date in cardiff last night.

as promised, it was a trawl through all his releases including, oddly but happily, my weeks earworm - better living through reckless experimentation - a bass heavy stand up and fight and a new orderesque version of european man. the set closer was a funktastic and blistering take of gold lift.

pretty decent set tbh, and i liked how he and krugman mixed some of the songs up sound wise. a bigger crowd than the last time i saw him in cardiff too.

the venue was the chapter arts centre, nice enough though the sound wasn't quite as good as martin deserved.
billycasper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey!

Did the Manchester show. Normally one of my favourite venues (deaf institute) but inexplicably they'd run out of beer not in a can so put me in a bit of a grumpy mood from the start. But soon lifted out of it.

Some similar issues with sound, made for a bit of a stop-start set. But yep think the two person set-up worked well. And what a setlist! Some songs I thought I'd never get to hear live. If anything a bit surprised how little there was off the new record (which I think sounds great incidentally) but not complaining!

Also left feeling quite sad, but very lucky...hearing the older songs brought back all sorts of memories of really far less happy times for me when Martin's music was one of the few things that kept me going. This board was an important part of that so thanks to everyone here for the role you all played. Love & much gratitude for you all.

Tommy - did I see you're going to the longcut show at soupkitchen by the way? Been thinking about it so maybe see you there. Or hopefully at an argyle match soon.

Hope everyone else keeping well.

SET LIST

New shapes of life
Damocles
Mainstream
I've lost the reason
Stand up and fight
European man
Wilder
Joel
Gold lift
kingsize
Blue room in archway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1