bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - life is beautiful
life is beautiful

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 21:00    Post subject: life is beautiful Reply with quote

well it is sometimes anyway! Just have to say that the go-betweens were beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, awesome, life afirming at the astoria last night. Just a great set, the last 2 albums stuff sounds even better live and what a beautiful version of Love Is A Sign in the encores. So so chuffed to have finally seen them and it was worth the journey to the capital.

Dave Cous solo debut (Genes) is pretty good too. Thank gawd for the internet though 'cos i couldn't buy one in any british record shop

Oh and Life Is Beautiful is also the title of one of the greatest films EVER.

lol
TTL.
gillworm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 09:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you see the go-betweens interview in Time Out the other week? very dry sense of humour, the interviewer was saying that they've always had critical acclaim, throughout their career and solo works, but never real commerical success...they responded by saying 'ah, commericial success would be nice - limousines, champagne etc - and we could always go back to critical acclaim later!!'

i saw the go-betweens in 83 i think, supporting orange juice, and 'cattle and cane' is a single that i pull out every once in a while and it still seems fresh and exciting even after all this time.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah I ddin't catch the interview but i've read a couple through their website and they are/were pretty dry. They were on the night too. And Robert Forster really acted like a guy who wanted to be in a big successfull rock band. Very entertaining! Sadly we didn't get Cattle & Cane but it still sounds monumental, agreed. Must've been pretty good seeing them with Orange Juice as well, very nice double bill...
billycasper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 08:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

slightly related - you familiar with a south west band from the early 90s called the becketts? had a great song called me and robert forster. highly recomended as a whole if you fancy a kind of pixies vs go-bewteens type joint
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't say that I was tbh, shall go hunting though, always good to look out 4 other peoples recommendations!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1