bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - just a thought
just a thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
che

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:23    Post subject: just a thought Reply with quote

which has caused me to put down my book + switch my pc on again (wahey).

why are there so many critics in the world? how come no-one has the ability to judge a song on the song itself as opposed to the singer?

take ms lavigne. look at this venerable courtroom. we're supposed to be civilised aren't we? yet we happy judge HER over the fact that she makes songs. if she was indeed 'shit' then she wouldn't sell the amount of records she has. and to be honest, although a) i want to fuck her mindless and b) i personally can't handle her songs for very long, i must admit that they ARE well written, well constructed and above all 'good' songs. please tell me to fuck off so i can return to dante.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not her songs as such, her team wrote it, except for her writing a few lyric bits...opinions are divided on this one, the posse says she changed a few words, she says adults can't write junk like sk8er boi.

"if she was indeed 'shit' then she wouldn't sell the amount of records she has."
Ehem, are yo serioualy saying if someone sells a lot of records it's not shit?

As for judging, if you put something out in the public people have the right to form opinions about it, just the way it is.

Personally I think Avril's music is normal...not good, not bad, but I think she's so over top it's tiring.

Amor y Paz
Bev

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 08:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not HER that's the problem, it's the fact that there's 1000s of these clones running around making mundane music that may be "well constructed" but so what? So is the chair my arse is on... And you hear the same relentless commercial songs in every bar and it's just like a smog that obscures the real gems out there...
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

all these professional songwriters selling off their pop song children. wouldn't it be something if they used their powers for good insteads o evil?

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, I think it would kick ass if Martin would write a popsong for one of these eggheads. Justin Timberlake performing a composition by Mr. Carr. good dough in it too/

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Avril on MTV yesterday, doing a version of "Knocking On Heaven's Door", the Bob Dylan number, I quite liked it, I guess a good song is a good song is a good song...although, her solemn, soft interpretation of it is good...she could've gone screamy a la 'I'm With You' but she didn't.

Amor y Paz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1