bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - An Open Letter to Richard Ashcroft
An Open Letter to Richard Ashcroft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bev

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 21:40    Post subject: An Open Letter to Richard Ashcroft Reply with quote

Dear Richard,

I have just heard your last solo album. I admit I am behind the times with this, but after Alone With Everyone I was reluctant to shell out another £10... but then I read that you said that this last one was far superior...

Richard, have you actually listened to A Nothern Soul in the last few years? (Or even at a push Urban Hymes or Storm In Heaven)... This was an album that made me feel, made me realise how beautiful&shitty life could be, that gave me hope when I was stuck in Crewe Station for 5 hours on a Sunday (until my walkman ran out)... an album so good I couldn't even begin to say how much it means to me (and not just me)...

Have you listened to it Richard? And have you listened to your new solo one? I think, in your heart, if you are honest, you will hear the difference...

Richard, listen, and be true.
lynchhim

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 08:22    Post subject: Richard isn't listening Reply with quote

Dear Bev

Nice letter.

However, it'll probably be falling on deaf ears.

Dickie Ashcroft left us a long time ago.

He's too busy walking his dog on the beach ( see his last shit video ) and teaching Kate ( the Linda Macartney of indie ) to play keyboards.

It is a great shame when someone creates something out of adversity and it manages to reach the hearts of those who need comfort.

Only for the success of that creation to lead on to bigger advances and the trappings of a rock star lifestyle.

It's all bollocks really.

Lose the chunky cardigan Ashcroft and get back to dropping some acid.

Jesus I've just remembered the atrocious video for " Check The Meaning " no doubt directed by some London media twat for between £75,000 - £100,000 ( if I'm wrong on this I'll eat Dickies' stupid cap ).

At least BC is keeping it real.

Big up the Carr.

Best Wishes

Lynchim
billycasper

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true that Martin Carr (or is it martincarr these days?) has a tattoo of the rose from generation terrorists with the words 'a northern soul', in tribute to his favourite albums of recent times? Seem to remember reading that somewhere.

billy
xx
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember reading that too. thought it was liam gallagher who had it mind. am i the only one who can't be arsed to use capital letters anymore?
Bev

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'northern soul' thing is martin carr i'm sure, I'm not sure of the rose is Generation T or just a rose (by any other name would still smell as sweet)...

I'm sure it was in Select once, to return to an old conversation on here, alongside an ace feature where they got kids to reveiw C'mon Kids and 5 year old girls were saying in sounded like worms and stuff...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1