bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinkster killed the football! thread? Confused
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 09:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm flying out to Greece in the morning and next week I 'll be meeting up with Dave the W and John Mc in Athens whereupon we will use our devastating skill and pace to win the match and bring the cup home where it belongs.

Be proud of us my pretties, we are so young and brave*.

mx

*does not apply
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go us!

Keep an eye out for us on the TV in the build up to the game, we'll be wearing matching t-shirts with "BC Board Barmy Army On Tour 2007" on the front and "The Tracklisting For That New Boo Radleys Compliation Is Solid But Uninventive" on the back.

We hope to witness goals like this...
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/2007/05/greatest_goal_e.html

..and saves like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNRniRp_tOs

Come on you Mighty Reds!
Hew

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 03:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

well no ones said anything about the champions league final. i hope all of you who were going got there and back safely. A bit of a disappointing match. the first goal was hand ball and crouch should have been on at half time or from the start. zenden was shit. milan were a bit lucky to win but then again liverpool didn't really create enough once they went behind. in a few years i'm sure villa will show everyone how its done. Wink
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 09:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all a bit depressing but it'll be better next season with our strikeforce of Eto'o, Torres and Maradona. In reality it will probably be Marcus and Darren Bent. I'm glad there's a couple of months off now to get over it though with only Englands defeat in Estonia and the Copa America to interupt the period of contemplation and rebuilding.

The third volume of Andrew Collins autobiography (the one where he's writing about working for NME and Select) is amusing, he seems to be a lovely man.

Dog Man Star is a fine album in a depressing, meloncholy Bank Holiday weekend type of way, Brett Anderson should stop making dull solo albums and get the old gang back together, I'd go to watch them. Tune of The Day: The Asphalt World, all 86 overblown minutes of it.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 07:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to say, my team is back where they belong!!!

L&P
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

did any of you get in?

I know 5 lads who went - 1 with a genuine ticket (made it in), 2 with forgeries (both made it in and said the tickets were bar scanned etc, so the checks were proper) and 2 who gave up when it got nasty with the police. They also had someone in their group who saw a UEFA steward waistcoat on the floor at the ground, grabbed it and blagged their way inside. They all had a top time.

Haven't spoke to the other lad I know that went - he got a ticket for £250 off an Arse fan who had been successful on the UEFA ticket application draw but, naturally, didn't fancy going when they got knocked out.
Dave w.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got in, with a genuine ticket. there were 4 or 5 checkpoints, all but one of which you could easily have got through with no ticket i reckon. the final one was doing ultra-violet checking, so that should have stopped any fakes getting in, but apparently it wasn't working all the time. the whole thing took forever as there were so many bottle necks and so few people manning the entrances. no signs, no organisation...

got lucky with the timing i think. earlier on, got a text from someone who gone early saying it was total chaos with people trying to storm the gates. was relatively calm when we were then, before they closed the gates and people got locked out.

when i got in the ground (seat in row 30 behind the goal) i couldn't see the goal line at the near end as the advert boards were so high. people near the front must have had most of the penalty area invisible! so i think we can see where uefa's priorities lie.

did you get tickets in the end, john & martin?
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

We didn't get in. As per UEFA guidelines for Liverpool supporters I beat up a child in an attempt to get a ticket and Martin tried stealing one from a pensioner but it was to no avail. My friends brother had a genuine ticket but didn't get let in until half time.

I'm sure Michel Platini and the boys at UEFA will get everything sorted in time for our trip to Moscow next year though.
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonights England Under 21 game penalty shoot out was the best one I've ever seen. It was a prog rock epic of a penalty shoot out and should come out in box set form one day. We should abandon football as we know it and concentrate on penalty shoot outs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6766603.stm
Hew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 03:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the full shootout
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=2296582876857464614

the young lads seem a lot better than the senior england team at taking penalties.
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when Jamie Carragher gets angry!

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=carra.mp3
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 06:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some accent!

L&P
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 05:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlon harewood????
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

start of the footie season within 30 days?

crap!

long live the monsoon affected cricket one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 124, 125, 126 ... 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 125 of 143