bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FOOTBALL!
FOOTBALL!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142, 143  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

more importantly, still waiting to hear how Manchester United are allowed to field Carlos Tevez despite him still not being owned by any football club, but a "third party". Liverpool were in the same situation with Javier Mascherano for a time, but at least they've signed him properly since. West Ham got their punishment, although I don't think it was entirely their fault that rules were broken, and it should be done with now. You wouldn't have heard a peep out of Sheffield United about it only they were relegated themselves. And Neil Warnock contradicted himself when slagging off Liverpool for resting players in the game against Fulham. The season is 38 games, not one. Benitez no doubt rested players against Sheffield United too, but I don't suppose Warnock was bothered then. Or when his mate Alex Ferguson rested players against West Ham.
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an epic day of sport, Survival Sunday is definitely my favourite religious holiday. I'm hoping Boro stay up because Gareth Southgate seems like a nice man and it'll mean there's less chance of us signing Stewart Downing.
Kris

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUCK.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

...look at it this way; you don't have to watch your team lose every other weekend next season. That'll be Burnley instead. Except when they play London clubs... and Liverpool, if Traore ever returns (yeah right).
Kris

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact is that, apart from a penalty decision going against us, we absolutely did not deserve a result from that game. Also, Burnley under Owen Coyle have a far better chance of staying up than we would have stood under Blackwell. I wish them all the luck in the world.

x
John Mc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 08:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss football and I fear the methadone of the Confederations Cup won't be enough to get me through the summer. I do enjoy the random made up transfer speculation though. In the last minute Sky Sports News have told me that Arbeloa's going to Real Madrid along with Alonso and we're signing Robben (booooooo!) and Eto'o (hurrah!).

Thank god sports journalists don't have to print actual stories based on truth and facts and tedious stuff, otherwise the world would be a much duller place.

Tune of the day: Symmetry by Little Boots and Phil Oakey
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, the Confederations Cup - thanks John, I wouldn't have remembered it if I hadn't seen your post here.

The first game (South Africa 0 - 0 Iraq) was a bit of a disappointment. hopefully the next one will be more entertaining. The crowd looked and sounded like a bee hive for the whole 90 minutes, that was the best thing about the first match.

I can't say that I'm really looking forward to the next season, but then again maybe that's just because I can only expect another relegation battle, unless some Russian billionaire buys Barnsley FC during the summer. The next season should be interesting for the Liverpool fans though - Man United will most likely be a bit worse and with some good signing(s) Liverpool could have a good chance of winning the title. I think Chelsea will be stronger again next season though... and Arsenal don't have it what it takes to win the title.

The Championship will be really interesting too, it's strange to see all those clubs there that played in the Premier League just a few seasons ago, especially Newcastle. They sure have a lot of money to spend, but they'll probably spend it on all the wrong players again so next season won't be an easy ride for Newcastle either.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm loving this post football season period - all i've got to look forward to next season is a friendly at morecambe (which i am actually looking forward to lots n lots - the ground hopper in me is well chuffed we've got 'em!). i'm - oddly - enjoying the 20/20 world cup. truly its not as good as test cricket - no sport is - but its a good leveller and its been good seeing both holland and ireland do well.
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the 20/20 final on Sunday so there will undoubtedly be torrential rain all day. I wish I had the money to be able to quit my job and spend the summer watching the Ashes. That's mainly cos I don't like my job though.

Manager who I want to be great at Tranmere but I fear won't be of the day: John Barnes
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

how was it? i'm glad the sri lankans didn't win 'cos they don't bowl proper. chaminda vaas really really pisses me off in the way that very few sportsfolk do. and i'm actually quite pleased that pakistan did, all current things considered.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Owen... Darth Vader

they've both turned over to the Darkside, I can't tell the difference anymore
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 09:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tynans Lovechild wrote:
how was it? i'm glad the sri lankans didn't win 'cos they don't bowl proper. chaminda vaas really really pisses me off in the way that very few sportsfolk do. and i'm actually quite pleased that pakistan did, all current things considered.

It was a great day. 80% of the crowd were Pakistan fans and there was a really good atmosphere. In the row in front of us were 4 blokes in orange boiler suits with 'Guantanamo Bay' written on the back and they had a sign which said 'Thanks For The Day Release Mr Obama'.

That sign was taken off them half way into the first over. There's obviously no room for political satire in a Twenty20 tournament.

300K a week for John Terry! I could be slow, obnoxious and miss penalties in pressure situations for half that amount.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

300k a week - madness. folly. etc etc. though i guess they have to pay way way more than others 'cos they can't offer european football etc - it will be interesting to see who they have come season start because i honestly can't believe that when yer own the wages that Terry is currently on going up to 300k a week can't make much difference. surely he'd rather get more honours?

anyhoo i recently completed a life long ambition - i aim low Smile - and saw a game at the maracana. it was ace, only 30000 in an 80000 capacity ground but i've only heard noisier in italy and poland. top fans around us so if ya wanna see a lucky carving of christ (it was!) and barrack obama:

(also loaded up some piccies of fluminese's old ground. its a beautiful ground with a beautiful background and the people there were lovely, opening it up for me to look inside and take some piccies).

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=123746237&albumId=366300&page=6
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine waking up tomorrow and having to choose whether you want to earn 140K a week or 300K. What a nice day that would be. At least until you realised you were John Terry, that would ruin everything.

I'm very jealous, I'd love to go to the Maracana, it used to hold 200,000 people or something similarly ridiculous didn't it.

I'm glad the Ashes starts tomorrow because it might stop Ian Botham appearing on my telly every two seconds trying to convince me to buy Sky HD to watch the cricket. I didn't trust him about the benefits of Shredded Wheat and I don't trust him about the benefits of HD.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

the maracana was lovely - they've refitted it in its original shell. you can see how it must've held that many at some point in time. and for lovers of post WWII concrete construction (I am!) it was a thing of great beauty. as were some other fab buildings in rio. i've never felt so upset about coming home from anywhere before, not even Vilnius!

anyway the only thing i've left to do with Argyle is to see them competitively in europe. it will never happen sadly so i'm permanently envious of those who get to do that, it must be amazing.

'cos i can't be arsed to find ye olde cricket thread, whilst peterson got out like a twat last Wednesday it amazes me that he gets more stick than the other ones who also get out so idiotically. at least peterson has a decent test average and can slightly justify his approach.

anyway i went to the first day in cardiff. it was ace. lots of top banter and even if it oozed predictability at times it was top and i loved how as the final overs were bowled blokes who'd spent the best part of the day abusing each other were shaking hands. the lad i went with went to the 20/20 q/f against the windies. he said it was great, he was sat with the pakistani's and when their game was won, they put their flags away and got out the union jack and routed for england. norman fucking tebbit take that you "cricket test" twat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142, 143  Next
Page 141 of 143