bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The Middle East
The Middle East

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:32    Post subject: The Middle East Reply with quote

Well, it don't look good from where I am standing. I'd hate to think we are about to see another war, but Israel are lashing out in all directions at the moment and things are rapidly spiralling out of control. I can't see why they feel the need to destroy the civilian infrastructure of a country that had only recently been rebuilt..it's dangerous days. By the way, wanna make some of the most 'unethical' money you'll ever make..then purchase some oil, as prices will surely keep going to the $100 barrell now..Ah nothing like war for greasing the wheels of the global markets.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the war in Lebanon ended when I was 10, it made me hopeful, it was the reason I never gave up on the whole middle east issue (their 30 years war).

I'm losing hope.

I think everyone's guilty in some way but it's in the stronger side's responsibility to show a little humility and Israel do the exact opposite.

L&P
joeloke22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if george bush's intentions to invade iraq were really the 'blood over oil' issue, then it does'nt look like it's helped any cuz it only got worse. metaphorically speaking; it's as if the spanish conquistadors defeated the aztec's but instead decided they'd go ahead and leave the gold behind...Confused
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something about this that sticks in my throat...

After everything the Jews went through 1939-1945 they act like this? Israel should be ashamed.

If any other country behaved like this towards another the Americans would have rocketed them by now. What is the difference between this and the Taliban/Saddam/Al quaeda?

It seems to me that if you claim you are fighting terrorism you can get away with murder, literally. I also like the way that they've brought the Iranians into it by claiming they gave the lebanese the weapons. The net result will probably be the US invading Iran, assuming they can spread themselves thinly enough between Iraq & Afghanistan.

What if the UK had done this to Ireland in the 60's and 70's in the name of counter-terrorism?
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

They bring Iran in because Israel doesn't like the fact that there is one single non-US-friendly country in the region...Iran is always a threat.

The problem in the region is there are so many that hate eachother so much, they're beyond reason, you can't tell them 'but they only captured two soldiers' or something because they'll bring hatred and history into it.

Bleh.

L&P
Lysergic acid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

the war in Lebanon is over??
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 06:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lysergic acid wrote:
the war in Lebanon is over??

The old war, ages ago...as I wrote, when I was 10...that's 16 years ago.

L&P
Crustybit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbour is a bomb disposal expert, he was asked to go to Lebanon but chose Iraq instead as he thinks it's safer....he flew out today Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1