bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - blog!
blog!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave w.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 21:35    Post subject: blog! Reply with quote

2 captain's blog entries in a matter of days after over a year without! Very Happy

music recommendation overload. don't think i've got any of the stuff on your ipod, martin. have a good holiday!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been updated again.

Arrow
Dave w.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and again!

who wants to start the cricket thread? it has been quite exciting...
watching the telly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see the boo's on tv just then. a programme on bbc4 called ' britpop now ' hosted by damon albarnian. they gave bravecaptain a shout and also mentioned the singles club + showed a lived performaned of ' it isn't lulu '
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

they even got bravecaptain right on the caption, ie allonewordsmallbee - fair play to the researcher.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 00:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the live forever documentary, Noel gallagher may be the funniest dude in the world.

I reckon if bc should re release wake up in a tenth anniversary of brit pop edition, he could call it wake up boo thousand and five, it could be advertised as a ringtone first with a cgi animated band dancing round to it on the advert.
F-H

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 06:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh bollox, was all that stuff on last night. I meant to watch it but got dragged off to see fireworks.

Hopefully will rekindle mass interest in all things Boo.

Plus increase interest in all things bc.
Hew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 06:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I just saw the live forever documentary, Noel gallagher may be the funniest dude in the world.

I liked live forever. Noel was definitely entertaining. I kind of felt that Damon was misrepresented in the whole thing. They made him look like a bit of a bitter twat which i don't think he is. He was probably the most talented song writer featured in the documentary. Jarvis was cool and Louise wener was still looking rather nice.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 07:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen this documentary. But Albarn is a bitter twat and Jarvis is definitely "cool"

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
John M

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damon may well be a bitter twat but he's still writing tunes which are ace after all this time and for that I salute him, DARE is brilliant.

I thought 'Live Forever' was OK but could have been done better, they got interviews with all the right people but it seemed just like a selection of clips and interviews rather than a proper documentary. The Gallagher brothers are always entertaining though. Has anyone seen 'One Day In September' a documentary by the same film makers about the hostage crisis at the 1972 Olympics? Its a stunning film.

After reading 'Englands Dreaming' and 'Time Travel' for some reason I pictured John Savage as looking like Bill Bailey, but he doesn't does he. And I really want to believe that he cried when he saw Oasis on TOTP doing 'Some Might Say' cos of the social change that it signified but deep down I don't think its true. I cried when I heard the new Oasis album but it had nothing to do with the social change represented by the music.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 13:06    Post subject: dRd waffles: Reply with quote

John M wrote:
Damon may well be a bitter twat but he's still writing tunes which are ace after all this time

ripping off Staring At The Sun by U2 last I heard. Wink

it's enough to have Coldplay trying to sound like them
Neutral
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

blog PHIL OCHS

Top one. 50 Phil Ochs fans can't be wrong."Gas Station Women" and "Here's To The State of Richard Nixon" absolute class.

Currently staging an XTC comeback in me car at the moment. 'Tis great.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
it's been updated again.

dave w. wrote:
...and again!

... and again!

let's all hope that the next album (whenever it comes out) sells a bit more than the previous ones! Confused
F-H

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Martin get on with the business of yr new album

As much as I like reading the blogs
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been two bravecaptain albums and nine singles in the past year and a bit so i think it would be unfair to call martin lazy. I stayed in bed till 4pm yesterday afternoon and have released no albums at all this year, thats really lazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3