bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - no worries from the grass roots membership here
no worries from the grass roots membership here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 20:39    Post subject: no worries from the grass roots membership here Reply with quote

Quote:
i'm also going to give the green light to anyone who wants to use wake up boo in an advert. i can't afford not to now and it bothers me not one jot because i have no choice.

all this middle class arse about protecting people from the evil machinations of the marketing industry is just that, arse. there isn't one of those people who wouldn't do the same. i can't go down and take my girlfriend with me just because of a principle.

the way i see it, if you've just given your new album away for free, your soul is more than safe.
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 09:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that, bravecaptain isn't rolling in cash right now and has sent me a mix CD through the post and given away an album via the interweb in the past couple of months. Meanwhile Bono, Chico off of the X Factor and Mariah Carey go around wearing suits/bikini's made of solid gold and what have they sent me recently? Not very much at all, thats what.

Plus having 'Wake Up Boo' on during the adverts would be infinitely preferable to having Ben Affleck looking smug and telling me that if I smelt a bit nicer then girls would like me, during every commercial break. I ain't showering for no-one Ben and there's nothing you can do about it.
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 09:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

middle-class?
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say I have no concerns and that it does sadden me that it's come to this, but afterall, who the fuck am I to judge?

After all that time calling Jack White a Twat, I'm sat here programming a database for Coca-cola!

I have no legs to stand on with this issue xxx
che

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
I wouldn't say I have no concerns and that it does sadden me that it's come to this, but afterall, who the fuck am I to judge?

After all that time calling Jack White a Twat, I'm sat here programming a database for Coca-cola!

I have no legs to stand on with this issue xxx

geek!

oh, wait, i'm doing the same thing for crusha milkshake.

:\
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with Wake Up Boo on adverts at all. The companies that sell all the shit would just use some other song regardles....

For me it is the song that least represents the boos anyway.

In any event I always thought that WU Boo should have been used on ads years ago. Any guilt over excess cash donate it to some cause to do some good.

Hope it gets used Martin. Keep safe. We love you!

xx
ChardToo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly wouldn't bother me, if it's good enough for Richard D James...

Any hoo for what it's worth I think it's foolish to think that the world's so black and white.
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mr. bc

You must do what you have to do. Plenty of artists have lived pennyless lives in their garrett and not achieved their full potential.

And i'm sure i'm not alone in having to have compromised my principles for cash at some point...

Big respect... always
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta do wots right for you n family. always.
besides chumbawamba did that car advert and gave lots of cash to green campaigners Very Happy its how yer spend it man!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1