bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The last album I loved like a brother was…
The last album I loved like a brother was…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 07:35    Post subject: The last album I loved like a brother was… Reply with quote

I can't remember the last album I listened to for more than a week before cruelly abandoning it to move on to the something new/old. Suggestions for truly lovable albums please.
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 09:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly in these days of multitudinous mp3 meltdown and playlist mania it is difficult to love an album like a brother, especially as that may now be informing how albums are being made, one eye on youtube, one eye on itunes, doesn't matter if the album sells in pieces rather than as a cohesive unit. I still attempt to get acquainted intimately with albums though. The last ones I've loved like brothers, and listened to on/off for a protracted period of time.

MHTRTC: Boards of Canada
Low: David Bowie
Blonde on Blonde: Bob Dylan
The Moon and Antarctica: Modest Mouse
The magical world of the strands: Michael Head and the strands
Tally Ho! Wagon Christ (Luke Vibert)

The two albums I been a digging this week are Paris 1919 (John Cale), man that's class, and Roots and Crowns by Califone (another stonker). I love nothing than a big phat album dripping across my headphones as I nod off to sleep, word of warning though, it is possible to strangle yourself by headphone cable if you leave them on while asleep (I know it happened to me!!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1