bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The Crap Boss Thread!
The Crap Boss Thread!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 07:49    Post subject: The Crap Boss Thread! Reply with quote

Just had a great idea lets use this thread to describe why our bosses are crap.

Here is a description of mine.....

Although coming across as an ultra "nice guy" who has "hey been there man" you know that under the surface he is slightly shifty and sinister and would do anything to get ahead and never back you if the shit really hit the fan.

He deals with conflict by asking the feuding parties to "go into a room and have a chat about it" rather than dealing with it himself.

He brought his guitar into the office for children in need day.

He described his job as "polishing and putting a positive spin on shit all the time" before going on to describe how he doesn't mind this as he feels he is "good at it"

When my team were on a conference call the other day he said "i'm surprised that all you lot were able to work this".....!

Patronising Twat.

Over to you.....
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boss let Novell submit a "handful" of files for me to fix. Each taking roughly ten minutes.

Apparantley nowadays "handful" = 700.

Twisted Evil
gillworm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine basically has very few management skills

he can't be bothered drawing up the rota properly so people don't know when they've got days off, holidays clash and leave us short of staff, we have too many staff at times and too few at others...

he wants to be everyone's friend and buys us expensive chocolates at christmas, which is embarrassing because it feels like a bribe...

he has an appalling memory but won't help himself by keeping note of stuff he needs to do/remember...

he won't stand up to management who are more senior than him...or staff who are rude/late/don't do their job properly.

we were supposed to have appraisals last year, by putting them off for more than 3 months we had them on a day we should've had off .

apparently his family had a business that he inherited and which then failed and i suspect that he has felt a failure ever since but he really is too lazy and disorganised and that means that the whole department suffers.
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 18:53    Post subject: Re: The Crap Boss Thread! Reply with quote

mrfiresky wrote:
He brought his guitar into the office for children in need day.

I like that a lot. If you resign can I have your job?
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck i'm lucky to have a good boss at the moment, but if this thread was for crap fellow members of staff and apathetic members of staff... heck i'd fill it!
Bev

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a bad, bad boss. There was a truely memorable 'team night out' (always a pleasure) during in which his actions caused one member of the team to have to go to hospital with a broken arm, and another to raise a sexual harrasment case against him the next day.

The chap whose arm he broke only had one leg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1