bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Someone cheer me up please!!!
Someone cheer me up please!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katieken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 00:02    Post subject: Someone cheer me up please!!! Reply with quote

I'm really fed up and down in the dumps(I can hear the violins now). Please anyone attempt to cheer me up somehow, even if they let me beat them at Chess or Scrabulous on facebook!!
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 08:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, look for Kris Gormley on facebook. I'm the berk with the wig looking like, well, a berk.

x
katieken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to top to my current misery, I'm getting a 2% pay rise for the next three years!! Oooh the excitement of twenty quid more every month is so inspiring. If only I could write a tune like M Carr!! then maybe it wouldn't all be so crap!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs TTLC's payrise last year was a whopping £7 a month after tax. But apparently that was 2% and not far short of inflation...

Its shite and i'm not looking forward to the battles public servants will try and fight over the next few years. It won't be the miners strike but it'll be the nearest thing the 21st Century has for it.

And that's shite. Me dad's really ill and we spent Christmas (and now) visting him in hospital - from the cleaners to tea makers to nurses the staff have been so kind yet they've got 3 yrs of shit pay "rises" to look forward to as thanks. Its bollox. In a world of multi million bonus' thats so so shite. In the words of Costello Englands the whore of the world and ... and... and...

Still as sparky said on another thread people are ace. Them hospital staff, them secret millionaires, them putting cash the big issue sellers way, them putting cash in a charity box, them looking out for neighbours or doing thing for underprivilledged kids or oap's etc....

Fuck the cunts who run the world. Most of us get by proper without sorry despite them. And most of us are reasons to be cheerful.

Oh and FA Cup apart, January is always shite. The days are noticeably shorter come Feb and before you know its spring, easter and bank holidays Very Happy
katieken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yes. Exactly. My husband is a carer(a very good one at that) and gets bog all, a minimum wage for it. Its shit. That Secret Millionaires programme makes me cry every time, especially the one about the lady who was in agony yet still volunteered for others in Portsmouth(no biased honest!) I'm sure I've seen her around to be honest. My trouble is I can't appreciate everything I have for some reason - life I suppose and human nature.

And I keep bloody losing at Scrabulous, trivial it may be, but there you are.

But you have cheered me up. Thank you x
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 09:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a funny time of year this. Generally I am prety happy all the time but this period just after Xmas can be a bit of an anti-climax....

Don't worry though Katie we all need these periods of feeling down so that the happy feelings (and they will come I promise) feel like a big BLAST!
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

January is a horrible month, I've been miserable for ages now. Need something ace to happen soon to kickstart the year. Maybe Scrabulous is the answer.
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 09:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katie, you're gonna have to send me a hotness,. er, sorry, scrabulous request as I don't have it on me apps list as yet. I look forward to kicking ass Cool

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1