bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Confusion
Confusion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 19:14    Post subject: Confusion Reply with quote

Counting Crows headlining a festival in 2008? A big one in Hyde Park. How? Will people buy tickets for any old festival these days? I'm confused.

Mark Ronson

Liverpool FC. Better than that best team in Europe, worse than the best team in Barnsley.

The sudden success of Adele and Duffy.

Utah Saints, U-U-U Utah Saints being back in the top 40.

Amy Winehouse having two versions of the same album in the top 20.

I find all these things perplexing and am going to go and live in a Saddam-esque hole in the ground until they're all adequately explained. While I'm there I'll be listening to 'Ticket To Ride' by The Beatles cos I understand that.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counting Crows headlining a festival in 2008? A big one in Hyde Park. How? Will people buy tickets for any old festival these days? I'm confused.

PEOPLE WILL, INDEED, BUY TICKETS TO ANY OLD FESTIVAL. EXCEPT VEGAN FEST IN BRISTOL. THOUGH THAT HAD BETTER HEADLINERS THAN COUNTING CROWS AND IT ALSO FEATURED THE LEGENDARY DAVID STRAIGHTJACKET WHO, YOU'D NEVER GUESS WITH THE NAME, IS AN ESCAPOLOGIST. BUT FESTIVALS STILL SUGGEST SUNSHINE AND OUTDOOR DRINKING SO I CAN SEE WHY.

(ER, NOT THAT I'LL EVER GO TO ANOTHER OUTDOOR FESTIVAL)

Mark Ronson

NO NOUVELLE VAGUE IS HE? AND DID WE REALLY NEED A COVER OF VALERIE? CONFUSION SHARED.

Liverpool FC. Better than that best team in Europe, worse than the best team in Barnsley.

PLYMOUTH BEAT BARSNLEY IN THE MATCH BEFORE THE CUP TIE SO ACCORDING TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF FOOTBALL CONKERS THAT MAKES US TOP OF SERIE A AND - POTENTIALLY - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS IN MAY. NOPE, NOT CONFUSED HERE, JUST HAPPY! Laughing

The sudden success of Adele and Duffy.

ADELE IS EASY TO PRONOUNCE, PEOPLE LIKE THAT. DUFFY, LOTS OF 80S KIDS JUST THOUGHT THEY WERE BUYING STEVEN TIN TIN DUFFY RECORDS. PROBABLY.

Utah Saints, U-U-U Utah Saints being back in the top 40.

UTAH IS GREAT. AND THEY PLAYED THAT HEAVING MASS OF POPULATION THAT IS BARNSTAPLE ONCE. PEOPLE THERE REMEMBER THAT AND HAVE ALL GONE AND PUT THEM BACK IN THE CHART. DONT THINK THEY PLAYED PLYMOUTH THOUGH SO IVE NO LOYALTY.

Amy Winehouse having two versions of the same album in the top 20.

DIDNT KNOW THAT. FUCK THE WORLD IS CONFUSING.

I find all these things perplexing and am going to go and live in a Saddam-esque hole in the ground until they're all adequately explained. While I'm there I'll be listening to 'Ticket To Ride' by The Beatles cos I understand that.

U GONNA GROW A SADAM BEARD? PERSONALLY I'D GROW A GROUCHO MARX 'TACHE THOUGH THAT COULD BE DIFFICULT TO DO IN SUCH DARK SURROUNDS.

discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't you just use greasepaint, Groucho did Razz

I agree about the Valerie cover... the original was great, and played lots on radio and the like. Pathetic that a cover should ever be up for 'single of the year' anywhere

and if they're gonna ban, say, Beck's last album from the charts because he allowed people to make their own artwork by including stickers (I think it was), how come it's okay to stick bonus tracks onto an already released album? hmm.
John Mc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually only grow a beard when I'm bored with my current job and don't care about looking smart and professional anymore. At the moment I'm still vaguely enthuastic and so beardless however when I start my stint underground that will obviously change and I'll be Captain Caveman-esque within days. Will non-ironic moustaches ever be acceptable again?

On Fighting Talk the other week someone said that only one fully bearded player has ever won a World Cup and I'd like to believe that's true. I like Fighting Talk, it should be rubbish but it isn't.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
I'll be Captain Caveman-esque within days

On Fighting Talk the other week someone said that only one fully bearded player has ever won a World Cup and I'd like to believe that's true. I like Fighting Talk, it should be rubbish but it isn't.

you don't mean Captain Braveman-esque?

who's the one, fully bearded World Cup winner, then? I'm thinking it must have been an Argentinian... possibly 1986.
John Mc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 00:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it was an Argentianian, that's good beard knowledge:
http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/comment/story/0,,1799452,00.html

Nope, sadly I would actually look like this...
...but with a less fashionable cape.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I useta love Captain Caveman.

wouldn't have known yer man's name... two out of three ain't bad, though.

I suppose Gattuso doesn't make the cut? it's more than stubble but not a beard in the class of Batistsa

Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why don't you just use greasepaint, Groucho did

if only i'd know that at 13. i could've done me a proper looking 'tache that all them girls would've swooned over instead of swooning over the manliness of trevor hardcastles bumfluff above his lip.

anyway i'm gonna grow me a dick dastardly 'tache. the beard revival has had its day.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 02:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you also need clever wordplay and a silly walk if it's not a real 'tache.

is the beard revival really over?* someone better tell Band Of Horses Confused

*didn't know there was one
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is the beard revival really over?* someone better tell Band Of Horses

*didn't know there was one

or all of band of horses support acts... every musician had a beard last nite at Thekla. which was strange as it was a low beard crowd*. bloomin excellent gig and BoH were absolutely superb. I doubt they'll ever top Funeral but the new album has more than a few good attempts at trying. Everythings sounded ace. Sure it'll prove to be one of the gigs of the year

*seems to be a revival, all the "trendy" kids seem to be growing them 'round these parts, there's also a shoegaze revival 'round here which they've cleverly title nu-gaze of shoegaze. yes really. some of the bands are ace though.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

kids with beards? are you sure they're not just greasepaint ones? Laughing
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nu-Gaze of Shoe Gaze eh? Everything's nu these days, nu folk, nu rave, nu metal etc. We definitely need nu and exciting thinking in the genre naming department.

Middlesborough vs Sheffield United has been going on for 409 days now. It will never end.

I went to see Fanfarlo and Sleeping States last night. Fanfarlo were full of lovely top trumpety pop goodness and Sleeping States were ace and moody during songs, like Slint, and cheerful between songs. This is to be encouraged Bands who don't make any effort to acknowledge the audience between songs should have their licence to rock revoked.

Tune of the day: The Match of The Day theme tune when this whole sorry mess finally finishes.
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 09:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glasvegas. Can anyone explain this to me?
Forbes Hyphen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

Glasvegas soundtrack the sensitive side of the football hooligan and other emotionally retarded folk.

It's just pure razor blade wielding nursery rhymes coupled soaring guitars and sugar-coated woo-woo's.

For me, every so often an album emerges that reminds me why I fell in love with music. As I've aged they've become fewer. This is the first since XTMNTR.

I fuckin love it.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 09:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Glasvegas soundtrack the sensitive side of the football hooligan and other emotionally retarded folk.

It's just pure razor blade wielding nursery rhymes coupled soaring guitars and sugar-coated woo-woo's.

How perfectly put.

And i love the constant influence of 50s rock n roll. And i love the voice, a sung scottish accent carries so much soul. And i love the prescence. Ya can see loads of good looking bands, loads of well dressed bands, but glasvegas have a stage prescence that, tbh, i'd only ever seen with liam gallagher and ian brown before.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2