bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Birdsongs, Beesongs
Birdsongs, Beesongs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 03:16    Post subject: Birdsongs, Beesongs Reply with quote

I saw a band called Hari and Aino live some months ago, and while I was looking for some information about them today, I found something quite interesting...

Quote:
A new Eardrums compilation is coming soon, – in the end of March, – probably around the 25th. It will be a spring release called “Birdsongs, Beesongs”, and it will feature new songs from a lot of bands, including:

BMX Bandits, Hari and Aino, The Starfolk (the new project from the singers in The Owls), Cryptacize, No Kids, Hexicon, The Bumblebees, Dub Noir, When I was 12, Let’s Whisper, Tailor Made for a Small Room, Thunder Power, Girl Alliance, Seeland, Victoria and Jacob, Sweptaways, The Audiobooks (the new project from The Zebras’ drummer), Mockingbird Wish me Luck, Monzano (the main band of Sjur from The Little hands of Asphalt), Spaghetti Anywhere, Colin Clary, Tim and Sam’s Tim and the Sam band with Tim and Sam, The Heartbeat of Krakow, Televise, Martin Carr (ex. Boo Radleys) , Heart-Sick Groans, The Glad-Rags, The Electones, Hiawatha! + MANY more…
Hopefully there will also be a new track from Someone still loves you Boris Yeltsin, but we’re still waiting.

Apparently it's a free download, so head over to http://eardrumsmusic.com/ later this month to get it. Smile
Bev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find...

Shouldn't the website/mailing list be telling us about these kind of things though?
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah sorry. Tomi knows more than I do, I just sent a bloke a song (Why You Gotta Bring Me All This Rain) for his comp.

There is no functioning website at the minute (soon) and the mailing list is so old that I need to discover which addresses are still active.

It's only me I'm afraid and I have a ton of work plus a baby to deal with so forgive me if things are not up to date.

Things are happening though and it should all come together pretty quickly. You won't know what's hit you six months from now.

Promise.

x
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

slacker

x
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Tim and Sam’s Tim and the Sam band with Tim and Sam' - good name or bad name? I vote: Bad.
Bev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
'Tim and Sam’s Tim and the Sam band with Tim and Sam' - good name or bad name? I vote: Bad.

It's so far into terrible territory in might actually be good. Or not.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:

It's quite awful.

The first part of the 'Birdsongs, Beesongs' compilation was released last night, but Martin's song is not on it. There'll be three more parts released within the next few weeks, so apparently it'll be in one of them... we just got to wait for a while longer then.
Bev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
The first part of the 'Birdsongs, Beesongs' compilation was released last night, but Martin's song is not on it. There'll be three more parts released within the next few weeks, so apparently it'll be in one of them... we just got to wait for a while longer then.

A bit further down it says Martin's song will be on volume B, which is "hopefully" out on the 7th.
Melz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded it - WYGBMATR? gets better and better every time I hear it. Simply beautiful. Very Happy
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. It's been too long since I've heard a new Carr song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1