bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Tim Brown in the independent
Tim Brown in the independent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 09:00    Post subject: Tim Brown in the independent Reply with quote

One of a few pop people interviewed in a piece on mid nineties music that, apparently was labelled with a name, what did THEY call it again?

Where are they now:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/beyond-britpop-whatever-happened-to-the-class-of-95-2304322.html
Bev

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thanks for posting that.

He sounds happy; good.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm looks like sice and tim fancy a reformation...
Bev

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 09:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrfiresky wrote:
mmm looks like sice and tim fancy a reformation...

They're not the only ones...

I mean I really want to hear new stuff from Martin too. But I only managed to see the Boos twice, so would love to see them one more time if it ever did happen.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 07:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love the Boos to reform too

i saw them them 5 times between 91 and 97 (maybe 96)?

About 25 people attended in 91,

saw them twice in 93, small venues packed

medium venue packed in 95 I can still picture the girls in their jeans and adidas t shirts and trainers (sigh) my girlfriend of the time bought a skinny fit "it's lulu" t shirt

In 96 97 it was a medium venue two thirds full....cmon kids was already fast shifting the "temporary fans"

knewew they would split up after kingsize....but would love one more London gig and maybe a one track download to go with it?
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 08:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them once, at The Sheffield Octagon in 1995. It was really disappointing. I spent an hour hating the audience with a venomous passion as they all stood around blankly when the likes of "I Hang Suspended", "If you want it, Take it" and even "Lazarus" were banged out. Then of course everyone went apeshit for Wake Up Boo! and I wanted to kill myself on the spot.

I missed them on the C'Mon Kids tour as I was virtually bankrupt, thinking, "I'll catch them on their next album tour". Sad

All that said, I'd don't think I'd like to see s reformation in front of a handful of 30-somethings. There'd be something just that little bit sad about that.

K x
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kris.

if i am going to see them as a sad 30 something they need to reform within 2 months.... Sad Sad
Melz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, they've got three years yet before I'm a 30-something.. Confused

Never got the chance to see them live, and it constantly upsets me that the back of the 'Everything Is Sorrow' promo tells me that they supported the Manics in my home town. I'm always a little frustrated that I knew nothing about that gig at the time.

Seen bravecaptain twice, though. Martin and his band played 'Old Newsstand' in Sheffield, which was gorgeous. Then a few years later I saw a bloody ace laptop set in Leeds around the 'I Am a Lion' / 'All Watched Over' era, which was made even better by Martin (and Sparky, as I recall) sticking around to chat with me before and after the gig. Lovely, lovely people.

Personally, I'd love a reformation. Even if it was just for the occasional gig and didn't involve making new music - kind of like what Suede and/or Carter USM are doing at the minute. Just knowing they are there makes the world a better place in my book.
mixedcasesspaces

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am way past 30 now... and every time I hear the lyric '28 but I feel much younger' I feel very old since that was Martin's 6th album or whatever by that time!

I would of course totally go to see a Boos gig if one happened - I only actually saw them play once, at the Kingsize album launch in a record shop in London, which was fun but I imagine not their best ever gig. I did probably see them play quite a few songs (from Kingsize) that were maybe only performed live once or twice though Smile

Mark.x
p.s. Hello bc board people, hope you are all having a good 2011 and nice to still see you hear!
Bev

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
'28 but i feel much younger'

One thing that always struck me about Martin's lyrics, he seemed to mention his age a lot. "baby's gone but there'll be more I'm only 23"; "twenty-five, don't recall a time I felt this alive..."

Any others? Sure there are...
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 09:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without listening to check, I think he mentions being "barely 17" in "Bench At Belivdere", and he definitely speaks of being "only 19" in "Go With Yourself" as bravecaptain. He kind of stopped going on about it once her turned 30 Wink

K x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1