bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - 2011's at the bottom of this glass
2011's at the bottom of this glass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 21:59    Post subject: 2011's at the bottom of this glass Reply with quote

Hello, long time no see. Music of the year please. I shall write more later.

K x
Bev

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music of the year you say? Well, if you insist:

Josh T Pearson
Emmy The Great
Viva Voce
Jon Hopkins & K Creosote
White Denim

Sure there are others, but those albums come first to mind as being ace.

Happy Christmas, all!
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate Bush and PJ Harvey have made it an all female joint table topping 2011 for me x

Happy new year...
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought that much new music this year, and I may have forgotten something very obvious, but my album of the year is most likely "Hotel Shampoo" by Gruff Rhys...

I wrote a silly little review of it earlier this year, just in case you're too lazy to click the thread a bit further down the forum, here's the link: http://www.bravecaptain.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3184&sid=41cca54ce6f560f2717301ac9481bb42

Happy new year to all you lovely beecee forumites, I hope it'll be a great one for you, a lot better than 2011 at least...!

Razz
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, all of three replies! I'm impressed *cries*

I think it was an extremely good year for music, and a record amount of it bought by myself - 33 albums were consumed legally by the end. Here's my thoughts:

Album of The Year - Degeneration Street by The Dears.
I love this album. I love almost every song on it, but Omega Dog and 1854 are particularly amazing. Highly recommended.

Other favourites - The Other Lives album 'Tamer Animals' is amazing. Yuck, The War on Drugs, PJ Harvey, The Joy Formidable (would have been my aoty but for the fact that I'd heard 75% of it by 2009), Wilco (worth it simply for the first and last songs), The Antlers (WOW), Bombay Bicycle Club's best album yet and The Beastie Boys.

Disappointments - Cymbals Eat Guitars - I dearly love their first album I find this one virtually unlistenable. Cut Copy, 15-minute final track is amazing. The rest is shite. Fleet Foxes - yawn.

EP of The Year - The Inflammable Heart EP by Man Without Country.
I loved Closet Alcoholics Anonymous back in late 2009 and I'd been looking forward to more. This EP really didn't disappoint, in fact, the only disappointing thing is that the album, Foe, didn't make it out this year. Inflammable Heart is my single of the year by an absolute country-wide mile.

Gig of The Year: Well, I only went to two! Though it doesn't matter, because The Joy Formidable gig is one of the best I've ever witnessed in my whole life.

Anyway, I think it's time to call it a day here. I've loved the last 11 years but I think this has reached the end of it's natural life. When the artist invoved and even the webmaster aren't contributing anymore, I think it's time to move on and I hope to see you all down other avenues. Take care and happy listening!

Kinky G / kinkster / twunt / vote you / kris x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1